Friday, February 19, 2010

"Whatever you feel, just DANCE it."



For reasons I cannot remember now, I once saw the movie "Center Stage." Okay, twice. Twice! And, as a total non-dancer, it's an entirely forgettable movie. Except for two things: Peter Gallagher's eyebrows, and the Most Meaningful Movie Quote Ever:

"Whatever you feel, just dance it."

See, that's what I've been trying to do in my life. Not dancing, necessarily (though I have been making it a point to dance a little bit every day, when no one is watching), but more just embracing and expressing whatever mood I'm in. And this week I've had a particular mood: a non-blogging mood. A mood that makes it impossible to do dishes, or take out the garbage, or eat fruits and vegetables. A mood that makes it impossible to return phone calls or emails. A mood that allows for one thing, and one thing only: DVDs of Friday Night Lights.

I've been in the mood to carry on an unhealthy relationship with my DVD player, and by extension, the entire Dillon Panthers football team. I've been in a mood to wear pajamas all day, and say, "Bleh," a lot. And I've enjoyed it. I've totally danced it.

And now, I'm passed it. I'm back in real clothes, and eating vegetables, and the garbage has been taken out. I'm blogging! And yesterday, some friends and I took the blog on a road trip to Spokane, and WE SAW AVATAR. Which leads me to my question for the day.

Question: is 3D cinema just a trick where all the leaders of the world were like, "Do you think we can get millions of people to wear really uncomfortable, ridiculous looking plastic glasses? You know, just to sort of test how gullible and foolish they are?"

Because, as a society we've put people in outer space, we've learned how to transplant hearts and faces from one body to another, and we've made robots to vacuum our houses for us. Hell, people figured out how to make a movie like Avatar, but these are what we have to wear to watch it? These are the best we can do?



I find that very hard to believe.


Disbelieving (and dancing that disbelief),

Kendall


4 comments:

  1. I was serious about nachos. We should get some.

    -Astronaut Mike Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha. I actually think my hubby is sexy in his 3D glasses. Don't judge. And I too am a believer in dancing the mood. I had a funky week last week too. and my p.j's are the only attire to tell the tale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... confession - Center Stage is one of my all time favorite movies. I watched it every day for a 2-week span when I bought the video. I had to buy the dvd because my video was starting to do that crinkly edged thing. I know, Nerd! But I love it, and that is what I had to share.

    And oh! Also that at least they figured out how to get 3D glasses away from the paper blue & red eyes phase! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you know that if we click on that photo, we get to see you nearly life-size in 3D glasses?

    thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete