Tuesday, December 8, 2009

An open letter to the end of the semester

Dear Semester's End,

How can I simultaneously adore and despise you so? My students would say, profoundly, as they say about so many things (their parents, their cell phones, Indian food), that we have "a love-hate relationship."

Indeed. First, you present me with this:



Portfolios and final essays up the yin-yang.
I have no choice but to fortify myself with this:



And this...



With an entire army of Christmas kisses.



And now I've got a nasty sugar rush. Look what you made me do.

But I can't be mad at you, because, End of the Semester, if you're here, then all of this cannot be far behind:




And that makes me really, really love you.

Kendall

3 comments:

  1. Where did that picture of me come from? I love the one of you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the end of your semester because it means you are coming to Oregon sooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh you are so funny and cute! I love your new blog! cannot wait to see you when you are back in OR!

    ReplyDelete