Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Alien Face.


Ehhhhhhh. Tonight, I'm feeling just a little bit like life is fragile. So, I posted this up-close, out-of-focus (because I can't figure out how to focus my camera when the flash is off, but the flash has to be off for the colors to be normal, etc.) picture of an orchid. Or, an orchid flower. Is the whole plant an orchid? Or is each individual bloom an orchid? Regardless, I've got SEVEN blooms on this plant and one more on its way. Which is hopeful. Which is good. But, yikes, they seem fragile. If I sneezed, the whole damn plant might just disappear.

But also, if I could get a little ruminitive (and rheumatic--it's so rainy here!), this particular bloom is frowny, and it even looks a little bitey. It looks like I feel. And up close, the inside of the flower--which is poetically called the "the column"--has an alien face. I keep moping about my apartment, then coming up close to inspect the alien face in the orchid. Spooky. I like it.

I'm a little bit confused about how to blog about the utter minutiae of my life (I found a vending machine at LCSC that distributes Diet Coke, in a can!), when the earthquake in Haiti sucks so, so bad. Plus, some other stuff is happening to very important people around me, and that makes my heart hurt, "which I hate." (yes! I do have to be this cryptic. Sorry if it's annoying. This is a BLOG.) And I know no one needs another reason to feel down, but I try to blog honestly, and I'm honestly down. So...

I'm going to go stare into the orchid's alien face. Hang on a sec--

(It totally helps!) So, I'm a bit mopey, and needing to find some more snacks. Luckily, I've got these new glasses, that make glowering even easier. (Also, very sorry for the proverbial "blog self-portrait" (read: photo of myself I took in the mirror). It made the glasses look the best. Vanity persists, even through bad moods).




Gloweringly,
KS

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad Little Jake is still alive and well, even if he is glowering and suffering from Alien Face. I empathize with your blogging issue as I feel the same way but managed to post today just to get out of my rut. It isn't very good but it's something. Have a great day if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your glasses look great..you always look great. I'm sorry you're down. Me too, but unable to be expressive about it. I'm not sure what sort of plant would be my totem...I'd say Venus Flytrap, but then I'd be the fly rather than the plant...Peace to you, Miss Sand. I think you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support Robin,and Wendy. Something about this time of year: events and mood match the gloomy weather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really glad you got those glasses though. I think David Brent would agree.

    ReplyDelete