Friday, January 15, 2010

No discernible theme or purpose. Honestly.



For reasons I can't fully explain, this scene from "Burn After Reading" was in my mind this morning, before I'd even opened my eyes or lifted my sweet head off the pillow. The movie is not one of my favorites, which is why I am still surprised at how--whenever I'm confronting a daunting prospect: blow drying my hair; talking to boys; thinking about the future; blogging--this particular moment from the movie plays itself on repeat in my brain space.

I hope you'll watch, and embrace the message as you enter your weekend, your future, your life.

I, for one, am back. And I'm better. Than ever. You f*ers. I'm back.

Also back, by less-than-popular request: Mr. Justin Bieber!!! Buckle your seatbelts. Anonymous: you'll want to skip this one, if the first one made you want to scoop your own eyeballs out. You'll probably be sitting in a puddle of your own vomit by video's end.



(Tweens at the laundromat?? In the words of KW: "Where are the grown-ups?" Which applies not only to this video, but kind of just life in general.)

Much love,
Kendeezy

8 comments:

  1. Ok, so you're allowed to either 1) post a Justin Bieber video OR 2) sign out as Kendeezy, but NOT BOTH.

    Also, let's eat nachos and see who can fall asleep the fastest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,

    Hmmm...A difficult, difficult choice.

    I heart nachos.

    Who are you?

    Kendallicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would ruin the fun eh?

    Perhaps cryptic clues from time to time?

    cuinse

    ReplyDelete
  4. *strums a guitar in a very manly fashion*

    How many shoulders have you cried on before?
    How many either or's?
    If you let me inside your world,
    There'll be one less lonely girl

    Ah, to be fifteen..

    Goddamnit. He's pretty adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just watched the 30 Rock episode where the nachos quote came from, Anonymous, so NOW I get it. Before, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barf. Both of you. Really. Exchange numbers and eat nachos and make out alerady. Really. Both of you. Barf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stand by my original reading of this video. What 15-year old does his own laundry in a laundromat? And who wants to get a puppy as a surprise gift? Where will it live?

    Oh Justin Bieber, you have got some growing up to do. Unfortunately, when that happens I probably won't find your songs quite as catchy as I do now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really needed a Justin Bieber-flavored pick-me-up tonight. It's been 2 weeks of work hell. And I don't even have a real employer. Working for yourself sucks. And who is Anonymous? Are there two of them? I'm so confused...

    ReplyDelete